Sunday 20 September 2015

Hello!! My name is Ria I am 33 and live with my 2 children and partner. I was diagnose with Crohn's disease in 2010. Up until that point I just thought I was really unlucky and got the shits every few weeks, and in an other way I thought I fairly lucky cos I never really got fat.

Any way now I know what my condition is I feel some relief and some disappointment. Relief that I wont waste away with others thinking 'why doesn't she just eat something' and disappointment because now I have to deal with all that comes with having an live long illness. For me its been loads of appointments, lots of things up my bum, discussing my bowels movements with my boyfriend and strangers, needles and not for ink and medications.... I no longer stay 'skinny' due to the lovely meds. although my weight is really the least of my worries it was a sliver lining this Is now no more.

I have decided to write this as I have felt awful now for 12 months while using infliximab, and feel like I cant really explain what life is like with Crohn's, I find it hard to not sound like I'm moaning or being negative. I even feel like this while talking to medical professionals so I thought sod it I'll write it down. I don't expect to be inspirational or really very interesting but I just want to be honest so my head is not also full of shit as well as my life.

1 comment: